Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Teacake
Since we are at it, here is another Tea cake. This one has just been replaced with Blueberries instead of Raspberries and has Lemon zest & Juice for that extra zing!! As berrylicious as the Raspberry one.. J
175gms Powdered Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2/3rd teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4th teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
3 teaspoons Lemon Juice
· Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter the sides & place a parchment/butter paper at the bottom of an 8 inch pan.
· In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
· In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to mix until evenly incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract.
· Add the flour mixture and yoghurt alternately until it looks like a homogenous mixture.
· Stir in half the berries, lemon zest & lemon juice. Add the cake batter into the prepared pan and press the remaining berries into the dough.
· Bake for 35-40 minutes for or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean
Eat it warm out of the oven.