Chocolate Walnut Cake
I have managed to achieve yet another feat, I managed to get my hands on Callebaut coverture 70% cocoa chocolate!!!!!!! Please believe me it’s no task ordinaire to get good cooking chocolate here in Mumbai at most you would find the compounds like Morde & Selbourne (which isn’t even chocolate) in the name of cooking chocolate. So I am thrilled that I have this precious Belgian treasure in my possession & all that my brain can think of as of now are the endless possibilities of using this chocolate. J
So the first thing I tried with this is the classic Chocolate Walnut Cake, the perfect slice to accompany a nice hot cup of coffee.. J
175gms Powdered Sugar
1oogms Dark chocolate (I used Callebaut 70% coverture callets)
1/2cup Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2/3rd teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4th teaspoon Baking Soda
50gms roasted chopped Walnut
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 hot milk cup
· Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter the sides & place a parchment/butter paper at the bottom of a Loaf pan or a regular 9 inch round pan.
· Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt it over a Bain Marie or in a microwave for 1 minute.
· In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder baking soda, cinnamon & cocoa powder. Set aside.
· In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugar, until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to mix until evenly incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract.
· Fold in the molten cooled chocolate followed by the milk, walnut & the flour mixture and until it looks like a homogenous mixture.
· Spoon the cake batter into the prepared pan.
· Bake for 35-40 minutes for or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean
- Once the Cake has cooled off pour some molten chocolate & sprinkle chopped walnuts.
The chocolate was totally worth the effort!! The cake was rich, moist, goey and delicious!! J