How many times I have dreamt of sitting outside a quaint little café, on a pretty little table covered in a paisley table cloth, overlooking cobbled streets watching the pale yellow fingers of sun brightening the streets…having an early morning breakfast of warm Apple muffins with their heady magical aroma of caramelized apples enveloped in cinnamon with a hot cup of coffee or tea…… and then I wake up in my apartment in Mumbai… J so can’t get to some lovely café in France…we do the next best thing possible. J Bake some apple cinnamon muffins enjoy them with the awesome tea my husband makes, by the window watching the sun rise on a lovely weekend morning … J
220gms Powdered Sugar
250gms All purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
2 tsp Dermera Sugar
3 tsp Muscavado sugar (adds a depth to these earthy spiced muffins)
1 cup Apple Juice
1 Large Granny Smith Apple peeled and chopped in cubes
· Heat the oven to 300 degrees, line the cupcake moulds with cupcake liners.
· Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and keep it aside.
· Mix 1tsp cinnamon powder, dermera sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to the chopped apples and keep them aside.
· In a mixing bowl beat the butter for about a minute. Add the powdered sugar and beat again till the mixture turns a little pale in colour (about 2-3mins). Add the eggs to the butter and sugar one by one beating for a minute each time.
· Add the muscavado sugar, apples and apple juice.
Lastly add the sifted flour. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, fold it in gently with a rubber spatula till well combined. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees. (I topped my cupcakes with a some apple and muscavado sugar and a dash of cinnamon)
These muffins are best eaten warm out of the oven, the muffins are nice caramally and little crunchy on the top because of the muscavado sugar and super moist bursting with flavours with chunky apple pieces on the inside. Enjoy!!! J