Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Favorite Breakfast




Off late this has become one of my favourite breakfasts…garlic n cheese scrambled eggs, mushroom sautéed in olive oil with oregano and garlic with buttered toast along with strawberry milkshake J

The best thing about this breakfast is that is super easy to make has all my favourite ingredients and is mouth-watering delicious
J


Garlic n Cheese Scrambled Eggs


The story behind the EGGS..

One day I had to catch a very early flight (way too early..4.30 in the morning L) , was travelling to Bangalore for some work . I had to be at the airport by 2.30am which meant I couldn’t sleep at all and was in a very restless, tired and edgy mood by the time I had boarded I flight, all I wanted to do was catch some sleep. I had barely slept for a few minutes when the airhostess woke me up to ask me my preference for breakfast…how I wanted to kill her!! Because of lack of sleep my stomach was anyway feeling queasy, I was least interested in breakfast so I told her I would give it a pass. A few mins into a blissful sleep I was again woken up by the same airhostess with my plate of breakfast in her hand. I decided to take it and be done with it.. lucky me I did that or else I would have missed the best breakfast I’ve ever had on flight J I was served warm creamy garlic n cheese scrambled eggs with mini garlic toasts, some fried sausages, fluffy croissants that I had with butter n jam with a hot cup of coffee J..with the view of the sun just about to come up… and boy did that make up for all the misery I had gone thru…. And now for sharing that happiness with others..here goes the recipe J





Ingredients


4 eggs
2 cubes grated processed cheese
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
2 tsp milk
4-5 cloves finely chopped garlic
Pinch of white pepper powder

Method:

·        Heat the olive oil and butter together in a pan, then add the chopped garlic to it ( be careful not to overdo it..it should not start browning)
·        Beat the eggs till they become a little frothy with 1/4th teaspoon salt and pour in the pan. Add the grated cheese and  milk to this, sprinkle the white pepper and stir continuously till cooked

P.S: Beating he egg and the addition of milk is what gives this scrambled egg a very fluffy, soft and  
        creamy texture that almost melts in your mouth J

Sauteed Mushrooms




Ingredients

200gms Mushrooms
3 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt to taste


Method:

1.       Heat the olive oil and butter together in a pan, then add the chopped garlic to it 
2.     Wash and chop the mushrooms and add to the pan, sprinkle with oregano, stir fry on a high flame till they start turning golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages