Breakfast seems incomplete without eggs to me, I just love a nice elaborate breakfast (which very often consists of eggs in some form or the other J) on weekends…there is something very satisfying and ethereal about eating a nice filling breakfast on a relaxed weekend morning compared to the rushed gobbling that happens on the weekdays. So today’s breakfast was baked eggs with parmesan, thyme & rosemary. It’s actually a very simple/light dish but with the addition of parmesan and the fresh herbs it transforms into decadent gourmet breakfast.
¼ Cup milk/cream (I used milk)
2 tsp butter
½ tsp olive oil
½ Small diced onion
½ tsp chopped Rosemary
½ tsp chopped Thyme
· Heat the oven to about 300 degrees
· Divide the butter and milk into 2 ramekins (any oven proof dishes) equally and set aside
· In a pan over medium heat cook the onions in olive oil for about 2-3 mins till they become translucent, then add the rosemary thyme with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set it aside.
- Place the ramekins with milk and butter in the oven and cook for about 3-4 mins till the milk starts bubbling. Remove from the oven.
- Now break 2 eggs each into the ramekins (I baked one with the yolks intact and the other with the yolks broken..because I like the broken yolk better, you can make it the way you want)
- Sprinkle parmesan over the egg mixture and top it with the cooked shallots & herbs.
- Bake in convection mode at 200 degrees for about 15 mins. Then serve J