I absolutely LOVE mushrooms…can eat them in all most any form ( except the canned ones :P ) and this recipe had almost all ingredients that I love…mushroom, cheese, garlic & Italian herbs….. So after I ate them when my friend Deepal got them in her lunch box one day, first thing I had to do was to try them at home (with some twists) ;-) . Thanks a ton for the recipe Deepal !!!!! J
350 gms Large button mushrooms (those are the only ones easily available J )
2 tsps olive oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
½ teaspoon oregano
50gms pizza cheese (Mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
100gms Cheese spread
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
4 chopped green olives
1. Wash and remove the stems from the mushrooms
2. Heat the olive oil in a wok/frying pan and add the chopped garlic to the oil then stir fry the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and oregano
3. Remove the mushrooms and place them in the baking dish upside down
4. Now for the filling, add the garlic paste, mixed Italian herbs & olives to the cheese spread and mix it well.
5. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms & cover them with the pizza cheese and sprinkle some more mixed Italian herbs & then bake it at 200 degrees for just about 10 mins.